View Single Post
Old
07-21-2006, 01:04 PM
Joey

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Joey
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlavorFlav View Post
Now that the Habs have made some additions, trades and signings, the rest should be minor stuff. What changes would you like to see happen before the season begins to make the team that much better?

I would like to see:

-Ribeiro gone-zo. Adding Samsonov sealed it for me, I just don't see him having a role anymore, let's add a kid in there to develop.

-Abescher traded. Signing Huet was a big deal, and I think Danis is more than capable of handling the back up duties. I really like him, but I think he will be more of a distraction until he's gone.

-Buy out the Bonk-man. OK, we made a mistake, let's just admit and move on. Pay him off, and see ya later. Look at the bright side, it wasn't as bad as the Yashin signing...(then again, will there ever be such a massively retarded signing???)

- Trade Ribeiro when it looks like Plekanec can take over during preseason or whenever, or if an experiment involving moving Higgins or Kovalev back to center works out

- Trade Aebischer when it looks like Huet can hold his own close to like he did last year

- Let Bonk play because buying him out will have some of his contract count against our cap and we wouldn't be able to find ANYONE as effective as him with the money we'd save by buying him out. It only makes sense to keep him for this final year. Also, in the contract year, who knows what could happen

Joey is offline   Reply With Quote