View Single Post
Old
03-03-2013, 04:39 PM
BrimStone64

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAChampion View Post
Anyhow I think Markov is a moot point.

I could see Cole waiving his NTC as he has no ties to the city, but not Markov, certainly not to go to a Dallas-type bottom feeder. Taxes are a big deal, but if he goes to Calgary he only saves 0.50-1.00 million dollars or so (unlike Cole who has 2.5 years of salary to look forward to), and he'll lose a lot more as his stats will likely drop.

With that said I would want a 1st and a 2nd from a bottom dweller (e.g. Calgary), a first and a good prospect from a middle dweller (e.g. Ottawa), and two 1sts or a first and a great prospect from a contender (e.g. Detroit). Detroit is a team that could be a good fit for Markov, that he would actually waive his NTC for, but I'm not sure what they have.

Gionta, Ryder, Moen, Kaberle, are our only true selling chips now that Bourque is concussed.

At the 2014 deadline we might be looking to sell Josh Gorges if Tinordi and Pateryn keep improving.
Markov has modified no-trade clause. He's lost a step, because of age his game will continue to erode. You don't trade Gorges who is in prime years. Just smart asset management.