View Single Post
Old
03-03-2013, 05:41 PM
Island Husky

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prov1X View Post
There will be no QJMHL team in Fredericton any time soon? Where are they going to play out of? The AUC? Highly doubt that, and neither the O'ree or Grant Harvey have the location to host such a team.
I said it before they were built, that either the O'ree or Havery should have been a larger size arena. It's unfortunate but I don't see any jr team coming to Fredericton in the near future.
I said it was on the radar, not coming tomorrow. Besides none of that will stop them, they'll operate on a much larger budget than UNB can dream of; Nor will a 2200 person crowd for UNB when they should be getting 3500, scare them away. What interests them is, 2200? Hey we can double that easily, and take 1000 of that along the way. The benefits to the city are not exactly dressing either. They are a boon to the city owned or taxed venues, plus the spinoffs. So cities love them, the public will love them, a rink? in a place like Fredericton? lots of businesses, a government center, a booming commercial atmosphere, what would it bother BMO, Royal Bank, Irvings and the like to invest in a new rink? Finally, none of the participants think of it in the here and now, and what rink can we move into this weekend. No major business does.