Thread: Speculation: Goodbye Weiss
View Single Post
Old
03-03-2013, 05:36 PM
zeroG

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Beinfest View Post
Dineen's style of coaching is hardly the issue.

You can't blame Dineen for how bad his goaltenders have been. You can't blame Dineen for not having Markstrom called up. You can't blame Dineen for Weiss being absent. You can't blame Dineen for the copious amounts of injuries to key players like Weiss, Versteeg, Bergenheim, Jovo, Kulikov, Gudbranson's suspension, etc.

Firing Dineen would be an incredibly useless move, regardless of what opinion you have of him as a coach. As far as I'm concerned, he took us to the playoffs last year and this mess is hardly any single person's fault right now, so best to just ride the wave's trough right now. If in the future this team should be a lot better than it is, consider firing him. Right now though, given the situation, I don't think that's the case.
while it's true that you can't blame him for poor goaltending, injuries and poor play of key guys, you can blame him for the team's preparation, organization and compete level. even tho i don't like dineen as a coach, he's a stand up guy and i'm sure he would admit that he's failed in that regard if he were ever to be asked. i think this has been a consistent issue with his teams here, regardless of success last year.

still, i wouldn't be firing him now. i would give him next year, unless the team gets off to a dreadful start next season and it isn't a result of injuries like we've had this year.

zeroG is offline   Reply With Quote