View Single Post
Old
03-03-2013, 05:48 PM
x Tame Impala

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElKingsFan92 View Post
Agreed.

Also, if I can suggest another neighborhood to look into, I would suggest Lakewood. I go to school as a Mech. Engineer at Cal State Long Beach (which has one of the best Engineering departments on this side of the country btw) and the commute as I said in my first post is only 20 minutes max on surface streets. The city itself is just a giant suburb, but it is really damn nice. If you're curious about hockey, well that's covered too as I live about 10 minutes away from Lakewood Ice which is a facility with 3 ice rinks and I believe is sponsored by both the Kings and the Ducks. Lakewood and the surrounding cities (Cerritos, Hawaiian Gardens, Norwalk, etc) have a lot of giant malls with restaurants in them so it might be a bit eaiser finding a waiting job if that's what you're looking for.
Talking to my dad about this while being as subtle as humanly possible, i asked him what the job perspectives were for engineering in California. He basically said,

Quote:
"There's Engineering jobs anywhere and everywhere in this country. You'll be fine anywhere you go"
Is that true? Obviously you're not done with school yet but has it been relatively easy to line up any internships and what not in California? I'm not sure if i'd stay in California after school and work there but its always smart to know as much about my situation as possible.

Also, note to self: Do NOT say "Cali"

x Tame Impala is online now   Reply With Quote