Thread: Options at #1
View Single Post
Old
03-03-2013, 05:52 PM
RDriesenUD

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by EspenK View Post
I don't get the logic- If I'm supposed to pick the BPA (say Jones at 1) why would I trade him to get the BPA (say Lindholm at 6) at a lower level but not chose a guy who is the next BPA (say Mackinnon at 2) but happens to be a forward. I think you buy into that theory way too much. The throw in for that kind of a deal (2nd rounder) is probably a pick where the odds of them being successful are much less.

PS I used the top guys to illustrate a point because I know their names and relative positions not to advocate giving up Jones to get Lindholm.

Probably an agree to disagree situation.
Where did I ever say to trade the first pick? You said what happens if all 4 BPA are D. Well, if you already took a D with your first pick, and want a C (for example), then you can trade up or down. We aren't drafting to be good next year. We are drafting to be good in 3 or 4 years. Who knows who will be on the team then. You have to go BPA in the first round. You can't turn down the best player when you are picking.

If you have two guys very closely rated then you can draft by position. Otherwise you need to draft the best player available.

Last edited by RDriesenUD: 03-03-2013 at 07:21 PM.
RDriesenUD is online now   Reply With Quote