View Single Post
Old
07-21-2006, 01:58 PM
Seph

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Seph
Depends if I'm skates or on foot.

On skates: Two-way speedster forward. Usually the first one in on the forecheck and on the back check. Good awareness of what is going on in both zones. Strength is on the counter attack where I break up passes for breakaways, my shot is weak, but my wrister is quick and accurate, so it's good for beating goalines in close. Stick skills are decent enough that with my speed I can beat defenders one on one, but have difficulties going through traffic. Because of my weaknesses, tend to be a playmaker first when not on the counterattack.

On foot: Puck moving defenseman. Quite a shift, I know. I lose a lot of my speed advantage on foot, still fast enough to keep up with all but the fastest guys, but just lack that extra gear to really blaze past someone. So my commitment to defense first is much more difficult to combine with my desire to forecheck. Also, I have a lot more trouble beating defensemen one on one with the extra speed and agility on skates. I found I was far less effective offensively without my speed, and eventually realized I'm better at concentrating more on defense. Good at angling guys away from the net, blocking shots and have an excellent poke check. Good transition game helps out the offense, but because my shot is like a warm summer breeze, I don't score unless I take a big risk by jumping in way deep (which I only tend to do in the last five minutes of a game we're losing), go end to end, or just get plum lucky. But I can still help the offense by manning a point and using my passing skills to distribute the puck from up high.

Seph is offline   Reply With Quote