Thread: Charles Sarault
View Single Post
Old
03-03-2013, 06:02 PM
Exit Dose

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanHPscout View Post
To answer the question of why he's an OA without being drafted..

- He's been a little inconsistent (to be fair so have several other key players for Sarnia this season)
- He's 5'10" at best, so unfortunately there have been many small players who produce in juniors, but don't do as well in the pros.
- He was a late bloomer who never really showed his potential until coming to Sarnia last year.

As for why the Ducks would pick him up..

He can be a very good two-way player. When he's on, he's playing in all three zones. He's not the most aggressive player but he has good defensive positioning. Offensively he's an excellent passer, yes he has Boucher shooting the puck, but Boucher benefits from Sarault being able to find him just as much as Sarault has benefitted from having Boucher (and for the first half of the season Galchenyuk) shooting the puck when he passes it. For me, the AHL will be a big step for him, but if he proves he can still play a two-way game, then playing for Anaheim isn't out of the question becasue he's going to be a lot safer in his own zone than some of the Anaheim forward prospects at the top.

I think Sarault has proven he deserves a shot at the pro level, and instead of leaving it to chance, Anaheim has picked him up. Toronto Maple Leafs invited him to rookie camp last year, and I heard he did well there.
Nearly all of our forward prospects are notable for being defensively responsible.

Exit Dose is offline   Reply With Quote