Old
03-03-2013, 06:36 PM
MiamiScreamingEagles
Global Moderator
A Fistful of Dollars

vCash: 2226
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsWoof View Post
I figured 2 or 3 but I'm not all that surprised at 4. I think part of it had to do with the hit in the prior game and part of it has to do with him being a nobody.

As for him getting more time because he's a Flyer, as long as we as fans and as management define Flyer hockey as tough hockey, these things are going to happen. Add in that we always seem to have a Rinaldo, Carcillo or Downie in the lineup and there's a target on our back.
If you are referencing the hit that was initially judged a kneeing major and game misconduct, the penalty was revoked from the record books and as judged by the NHL was clean and proper. It should have had no bearing on this decision and was not mentioned in Shanahan's analysis. It would be disproportionate to utilize something deemed satisfactory in an argument against the defense in such a ruling.

Lundin's concussion was likely a much larger consideration in this matter than Harry Z's history or even reputation.

Chris Therien was instantly critical of the hit and mentioned the word "lengthy" when queried about a possible suspension and said it was a "lay up." He also offered a "hope" it would be two games. Today, he seemed surprised at four games (which can be summarized as thinking it would be three games). Per the norm, Bundy was correct.

MiamiScreamingEagles is offline   Reply With Quote