View Single Post
Old
03-03-2013, 06:37 PM
yianik

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
I agree with this concept and the attempt to build through free agent superstars like the Rangers used to do usually doesn't work, but I do think when the opportunity arises to bring in top line talent you should look into it at the very least. I believe in a home grown core, but Bergevin trying to copy the Blackhawks directly - a team that was awful for a decade and not because of intent, will only lead to a cycle of failure. You don't want to be the Flames, but you don't want to be the Oilers either.

Don't sign a FA for the sake of signing one, but Perry is a perfect fit and I understand throwing money at him. Likewise if someone like Semin could be had at a decent price for his unfair reputation, also worth a look. But don't give Semin Perry type money just because you can, and don't then panic and sign your 4th choice either.

This is basically the dream right here.

Bang on in not settling . Gainey had thought we needed a big Centre and had gone after guys like Vinny and Arnott, then we ended up with Gomez. Absolute desperation move and absolutly he settled for plan D. Not a UFA signing but principle applies. I dont see MB as a signing the 4th choice kind of guy, I get the feeling if he has a certain kind of player in mind hell be patient and try to add a high quality player be it through UFA or trade if such a guy isnt in the system. Its year 1 for him, he has time to find the right pieces he wants.