View Single Post
Old
03-03-2013, 06:43 PM
ErnieLeafs
LOVE & LIVE the Game

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drop The Mits View Post
Honest question, have you played a physical sport at all in your life?? If you have then you should know you dont have the time to think about whether you're going to hit him or not. You do or you don't. Why should the Philly player wait for the sens player to play smart?! That's the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard in my life... What if buddy decided to skate with his head down through the whole zone? "No one touch him his head is down boys!!!" Do you think Chris Neil would've let up on a flyer player?? Nope...

Ya we'd be pissed because one of our best players got injured... We would also be thinking... "'Man Kadri should have kept his head up". Do you remember when kessel got drilled by ohlund in his grey game as a leaf? He got absolutely decked by a clean check and people were pissed but also realized that Phil should've kept his head up. The (Philly/sens) hit wasn't late at all and it was questionable if he left his feet early. It just looked like a huge beautiful hit to me.
I'm not sure if you understand. The player left his feet, and targeted a prone player's head. He meant to hit the head. That is NOT welcome in the game. It's an absolute intent to injure, and a punk thing to do.

If he would have stayed on his feet, and connected with the chest, everyone would agree with you, but what he did was cowardly and dangerous.