Thread: Confirmed with Link: Zolnierczyk suspended four games
View Single Post
Old
03-03-2013, 06:47 PM
MsWoof

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiScreamingEagles View Post
If you are referencing the hit that was initially judged a kneeing major and game misconduct, the penalty was revoked from the record books and as judged by the NHL was clean and proper. It should have had no bearing on this decision and was not mentioned in Shanahan's analysis. It would be disproportionate to utilize something deemed satisfactory in an argument against the defense in such a ruling.

Lundin's concussion was likely a much larger consideration in this matter than Harry Z's history or even reputation.

Chris Therien was instantly critical of the hit and mentioned the word "lengthy" when queried about a possible suspension and said it was a "lay up." He also offered a "hope" it would be two games. Today, he seemed surprised at four games (which can be summarized as thinking it would be three games). Per the norm, Bundy was correct.
Yeah, that is what I was referring to and I agree it wasn't a penalty and should have been rescinded but I think with 2 hits that were similar so close together, it played into things. I also don't think the league would ever admit it.

MsWoof is offline   Reply With Quote