Old
03-03-2013, 08:27 PM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeCrush28 View Post
The team has evolved quite a bit and IMO the current team is more quick and skilled players than goons. It's some fans and a lot of the media still trying to portray them as the big bad flyers
Pretty much. The Flyers haven't really had a legit "bully" on the team since maybe Brashear (unless I am missing someone). They have a couple sandpaper guys, like most every team in the NHL. They had a guy who could be considered a heavyweight (Sestito). This team, nor any other recent team, has really tried to emulate the Broad Street Bullies style. I personally think a little more edge would be a good thing (I liked Sestito a lot). Not a full on team of enforcers but I think a line of Sestito-Talbot-Rinaldo would have been good for a fourth line in my book. Won't really impress on the stat sheet, but with those three out there at once on a regular (4th line "regular") basis, teams I think would have trouble with the physicality. Add in guys like Simmonds and Hartnell on some of the top lines, Schenn and Grossmann on the back end, and you have a physical team that could create problems.

I know it is becoming unpopular in today's NHL, but having a tough team can make it difficult to play against. Again, not suggesting a full-on fighting team, but a little more edge could be a good thing.