View Single Post
Old
03-03-2013, 07:28 PM
S Bah

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by MXD View Post
Erne? If he falls below 20th, he'S a possible choice. NO WAY I'd pick him behind Frederick Gauthier.

I pretty much have him on par with Mantha. The later is the better player now, but there are some things I dislike about him... not to mention that he's basically a 2012 draft eligible.

Oh! Who's his goalie coach? Patrick Labrecque?

Poirier is... a bit hard to read. If that guy always gave it all defensively, he'd be a high 2nd rounder. But he doesn't, which is a shame, because he's otherwise a very good PK'er. Not to mention that his skating made leaps and bounds since last season. His offensive skills projects into a low-end 2nd liner (... potential, actually, not an actual "assessment"), but he really has a great shot, and has decent size : he should end up being a 6'015, 200 pounds with proper training.

The thing is -- if he doesn't commit more to his defensive play, I don't see him as having much of a shot at an NHL career.
The Habs will need the sharpshooters like Collberg and Mantha in the near future,another like them is Domi/Zykov.A big playmaking center like Gauthier to replace Plekanec when he retires,also to alleviate the pressure from Galchenyuk and Eller as the other centers in the Top Nine.A couple of LW's in the 2nd rd. are Carrier and Ty Hill.If the Habs can't get the shooter or center they need in the 1st rd. then players like Lazar,Hartman,Klimchuk,Hurley,Compher or Rychel would be great too,more than likely at least one or two of these guys will be available in the 2nd.If not then a couple of screaming good defencemen will be available,the Habs are going to make out like bandits in Fort Knox in this draft with all the picks they have now,who knows by draft day.