View Single Post
Old
03-03-2013, 07:49 PM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitman47 View Post
Haha u think tt will replace jw? Jw is a rock. He's the reason our top line does decent. He's not that old and he's not injury prone. Why do u think dl signed him to an extension? Because he's aging and can't get it done. No way in hell you let jw go unless he just quits on the team. Brown is the weak link here. Ridiculous!
JW is 31 (32 this year) so he is getting past his prime and yes, it is obvious that TT is and has been being groomed to be JW's replacement and like I said, over the next year or two he will be able to step p and do so after he gets a season or so breaking into the NHL.

I love JW and what he brings to the team but lets see how the stats bare out your high opinion of him vs Dustin Brown.

For the first time in 4 season JW played in more than a handful of games back in 11 when he scored 22 goals and 35 assists for 57 points and then in 12 he scored 22goals and 33 assists for 55 points. Prior to that he hadn't scored more than 10 goals or played in 45 games over a five year span.

Like I said, I love what JW brings to the team but it isn't ridiculous to think that at 31 (closing on 32) that a player as injury prone as he is to begin slowing down and as such to start groming his replacement which is what DL, one of the best GM's in the game has done.

As for Brown since he came into the league full time in 04 he has never played less than 78 games. He has always lead or been near the top of the league in hits. He has scored more than 20 goals 6 times and has scored more than 53 points in all but one of his seasons in the NHL. He is and has been team Captain for several years and was a point per game player during last years cup run (20pts in 20 games). In addition he is only 28 years old.

So sorry but you are either clearly just trolling this thread for a laugh or really don't know what your talking about on this one imo.

Just an opinion but I can't see how you would rather hang onto JW for the next several years while ditching Brown in his prime with all that he brings to the table and JW's eventual replacement who is also the only true elite talent in our prospect pool.

etherialone is offline   Reply With Quote