View Single Post
Old
03-03-2013, 07:56 PM
mapleleaf979

vCash: 500
Mark my words on this. By the time the OHL cup is done, every GM will have Dylan Strome as the #1 ranked player in the draft not named Sean Day. He makes everyone better, I cant stress that enough. Strome has elevated his game, to another level in the playoffs. He is unbelievable. Erie will have to decide what they want to do with the #2 pick in the draft. I think Erie need a Dman really badly for example Matt Spencer or a winger for Mcdavid like Crouse. The thing is if Erie have been scouting the GTHL playoffs on the regular they will walk out of the rink confused and probably convinced that its too hard to pass on this big centerman. Strome is the best player Ive seen this year in Ontario. I would not have said that in October, things change. This kid is incredible. I know stats dont mean everything but Strome will surpass 200 points at years end. If u compare his regular season to Hosang 79 pts and Mcdavid 72 points, He had them both beat with 84 points. His skating has grown this year, excellent on the draws, tape to tape passes, surreal playmaking, one of the most accurate shots in his age group. Decision making is off the charts. Strome and Korostelev for me are the 2 best players at using there body to shield the puck. That is huge in the OHL. There is no other player in the OHL draft this year that elevates the other 4 team-mates on the ice like Strome does. He is all meat and potatoes, doesnt need to showboat and turn the puck over, its north/south efficient style of play.