View Single Post
Old
03-03-2013, 09:58 PM
OHLTG

vCash: 500
I think team confidence is a huge issue, too. When you lose to Erie like they did, that kills your spirit. They came into today's game on a low, then have a powerhouse Niagara team walk all over them in the first period. It makes you go "wtf do we have to do?" Simple. Score a few goals. They did that, got their momentum back, and then POW, Niagara scores their 6th goal. That was the TSN turning point; come back from a large deficit, only to see the deficit grow very shortly thereafter. Any confidence they had was shattered. You could see it in their faces; frustration, fatigue, and just a "what else can we do?" feel.

There are things I'd change, but I'm not the coach. We mentioned a couple of them at the game:

- stop the constant line juggling. How do you get used to your teammates if you never know who you're playing with?

- How is Brady Vail on defence 5-on-5, yet forward on special teams? Who's idea was that?

I'm still waiting for Pavelka to go crazy on someone. It's just a matter of time.

Big crowd in Niagara today, but they weren't overly energetic. Still, it was a fun trip. You can't go wrong with old school barns like that.