View Single Post
Old
03-03-2013, 09:27 PM
ElKingsFan92

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by xX Hot Fuss View Post
I just want to be able to live comfortably and to have a place thats not going to gross girls out when i bring them back to my place : )
Like KingLB said, if you split the costs among a few people renting an apartment or a house in my case is pretty reasonable. I live with 5 other guys that I met dorming my first year at Long Beach. Two guys have rooms to themselves and the other guys (myself included) split a room. The guys who split a room only pay $390 a month and the guys who live in a room by themselves only pay like 30 dollars more. Bills are pretty reasonable among all of us as well. I only pay 80 to 100 dollars in bills on top of my rent.

As far as the career is concerned, the South Bay/Long Beach area is the prime location for engineering majors to find jobs and internships. Boeing and Northrup Gruman are near-by as are a wide variety of other engineering and manufacturing companies. I have friends who have been interning at Boeing and make about 25 dollars an hour on CAD drawings, so there's opportunity out here.

ElKingsFan92 is offline   Reply With Quote