View Single Post
Old
03-03-2013, 09:57 PM
Foppa2118

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Av-merican View Post
We know it'll be Quinn or Army...unfortunately the defense has played so abominably and adopted this horrid shot-blocking strategy since his arrival, I can't help but think he's partially responsible. They didn't do this under Lefebvre. I've definitely soured big-time on Quinn this season, but moreso because it's just another in-hire like this team loves to do so much.
Well, we don't know it'll be one of those guys, it's just very likely given their track record.

I actually saw a bit of a bright spot in regard to Quinn. McNab mentioned that Quinn had been working with the D to get their shots off quick like O'Byrne did on his goal against Calgary. Going so far as to get a stop watch out and timing their wind up, presumably with an idea in mind of how quick it should be.

This is the kind of smart coaching this team needs. I don't know what kind of HC Quinn would be with the Avs, but that kind of thing gives me a little optimism in his ability to analyze this team's weaknesses, and be creative in how he teaches them. That's what this young team needs. A smart teacher.

I don't know the inner workings of this team, maybe Sacco does do some smart things like that we can't see that to help them too, but my guess is probably not. He seems very meat and potatoes in his style, and coincidentally that's how they play.