View Single Post
Old
03-03-2013, 11:44 PM
RayzorIsDull

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by chewerjones View Post
Your points are very valid, and realistic. From a time perspective, they will have 4 months to complete renovations (May to September). That should be adequate, as long as all permits and red tape are completed, ahead of time.

From a financial perspective, the City and owner will have to deal with it.

I believe that the owner has had the team for sale for a few years, but is asking for $17 million plus for the team, and thus no takers. It may be a ploy to force Branch's hands and give them the Mem Cup, to satisfy the owner and not let him leave, or sell the team?? Just thinking out loud.
I agree Percy brings up a lot of good questions. I question how quickly they can get that stuff done especially if Barrie has a long playoff run because that would prevent them from doing work on the arena. Of course some of the stuff could just be finished into October and have Barrie start on the road. As much as the committee has to be sold on a vision by each team for what they want to do and look as a team I think renovations and changing things around are much harder to sell.

RayzorIsDull is offline   Reply With Quote