Tiranis

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NugentHopkinsfan View Post
Look at last nights game.

Our top two lines:

Sedin Sedin Burrows

Hansen Raymond Higgins

5/6 were already here when Gillis arrived. Both goalies were already here, the coaching staff was already here, Bieksa and Edler as well.

Mike Gillis has made mostly depth moves, some very good ones and some terrible ones(Booth and Ballard) and the best move he made was Ehrhoff and he couldn't keep him and now we lack the transition game, speed, powerplay presence, and aren't able to play the same way without him.

Gillis has literally sat on his ass and made depth moves because he inherited ALL of the key parts of this team. If we don't make it out of the second round it will be 1 year out of 5 that we have and even then we needed 4 games plus overtime to beat a watered down Hawks team and then lucked out with a Preds team that couldn't create anything. Overall the results have been very disappointing considering our regular season success.

I'm honestly not as impressed with him as most are. His contracts have been amazing but then he trades for guys that are overpaid and negates that a bit. He's the exact opposite of a guy that makes bold moves. I want him to get the job done but I don't know if he can.
How do you explain the team going from being a Bottom 10 team to winning the division, winning the PT twice, and getting to Game 7 SCF? Somehow that same personnel couldn't perform to anywhere near the same level before he arrived.