Thread: Player Discussion: Olympics in Sochi 2014
View Single Post
Old
03-04-2013, 03:41 AM
jfc64

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franck View Post
He did more in that one game than your boy Silfverberg has done in two tournaments. He's also got more goals than your boy has points this season. Touché!

If I was Pär Mårts I'd go with 3 scoring lines that spilt ice-time evenly between each other and 1 energy/checking line with reduced ice-time. I'd put Zetterberg and Eriksson on the same line and try and match then against the oppositions top line. Eriksson - Berglund - Zetterberg!

Great hockey teams almost never run with two checking lines, most NHL teams do because they simply don't have the depth to run 3 scoring lines effectively, only really good NHL teams with a lot of forward depth (like the 2010 Chicago Blackhawks) can do it. That isn't as much of a problem for a great national team like ours, and teams like Canada and Russia can, and most likely will be playing with 4 scoring lines in Sochi. We certainly have the scoring depth to do that too, but if we did we would be sacrificing our defensive play. [/B]
[B] SIMPSON SON: LET'S DO IT, SACRIFICE OUR DEFENSIVE PLAY! (jfc64 goes mad here behind the desk where the lines are worked out)

Last edited by jfc64: 03-09-2013 at 08:58 AM.
jfc64 is offline   Reply With Quote