Thread: Value of: Smid to BUF (Deadline)
View Single Post
Old
03-04-2013, 07:37 AM
Brian28

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luceni View Post
As much as I like smid, oilers don't wanna deal him unless we send them our former calder trophy winner or one ouf our next potential top 6 center.

I don't think that this is fair value for a player who isn't THAT great and who will be UFA this offaeason.

So big pass from buffalo. Oilers overvalueing and overrating an good defensive defenseman who is above average offensively. Besides he will be UFA.

So there is no chance for a deal I guess. Oilers dob't wanna deal him and sabres aren't stupid enough for a ridilous overpayment the oilers fans a calling for.

/thread
It's due to the fact we're not deep enough in established veteran D to move one of our most consistent D without getting an upgrade in a critical areas for us in return. I.E potential number 1 D or a 2nd line C with size. Without 1 of those coming back there is no benefit to Edmonton trading Smid.

You obviously haven't watched Smid play and are going off stats if you think we're overvaluing him and undervaluing your prospects. He's a legit shutdown guy in the style of Regher but with better positioning and less mean streak. Even Calgary fans have said IF he makes it to UFA they want their GM to take a run at him. Last year he played on our top line and was +4 on 2nd worst team in the league, year before was -10 on a club that had only 64 points total. He's a lot better than you make him out to be.

There's nothing saying he will be UFA either at seasons end. His agent publicly said he doesn't expect negotiations to take long and be simple. The popular opinion is the organization let Smid focus on his training for the shortened season and his wedding rather than throw contract talks into his already busy schedule.

Buffalo fans are also out to lunch with his value...Adam +4th? Why would Edmonton do that? We need Smid more.

Brian28 is offline   Reply With Quote