View Single Post
Old
03-04-2013, 08:00 AM
Seth Lake

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlsg View Post
Lacrosse is still a club sport AFAIK. Getting hockey to be "official" in TN probably won't happen for a while. In order to use funds from the school it has to be available to every high school kid in the state. At least that's how I understand it, someone can correct me if I'm mistaken. Since it's a club sport, support by the schools is not high on the list. I can't remember the last time I saw a school administrator at a high school hockey game. Franklin High finally has a teacher sponsor and she has done some great things to get word in the school about game schedules etc.
Long way to go but progress is being made.
I believe that the new Centennial principal was at the game vs. Ravenwood on Feb. 15th where we clinched the league championship. The school and athletic booster club has given us a great level of support since clinching the opportunity to go to Nationals.

However, as you stated, it's still a long way to go before becoming a TSSAA sport due primarily to the lack of available facilities for the majority of TN schools.

Seth Lake is offline   Reply With Quote