View Single Post
Old
03-04-2013, 09:03 AM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbop View Post
My scount friend ticked off players from last years draft who could play in the NHL next year and he mentioned Skeji. Without promoting from me. No kidding.
Quote:
Originally Posted by collegehockeyguy View Post
skjei was a healthy scratch for the second time this season. i wouldnt overreact- the coaching staff said it had nothing to do with his play and im sure he will be in the lineup next weekend.

it has 0% to do with his play and 100% to do with the fact that they have 8 defensemen that are all very good. minnesota has been trying to play all 8 of them every night, but have been looking for more offense so they sat one of the 8 defensemen friday night and dressed 11 forwards, and then it was skjeis turn to sit saturday. like a few others have said above- he has played great lately and doesnt look anything like the kid that struggled in the fall. there are a few gopher defensemen that are rumored to be signing to the nhl this offseason so, assuming skjei stays, he will be a top 4 D man next year and will make the world junior team
I've watched about 6 Gopher games over the last 6 weeks. Skjei was on the ice for more than a few goals against and was on the ice for one gopher goal. He was one of the least visible players for Minnesota. He also lost position on the rush more than a few times. He did nothing, nothing that would make me say 'he has played great!'. Overall he's looked like a Freshman. That's not a knock on him, just looks like he has a way to go.

Then he gets benched, no its not cause of his play, cause ya know, he's been great !

What games are you talking about? North Dakota, Minny State, ST Cloud? Duluth? Wisconsin, DU?

If Skjei plays in the NHL next year I'll buy you all season tix so you can watch his greatness close up