Thread: Value of: JVR to Edmonton
View Single Post
Old
03-04-2013, 09:04 AM
EucaLEAFtys

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
We would take a young 23 year old out of the lineup who is starting to deliver on his potential so we could go back to the draft and hope that in 5-6 years we have a JVR type breakout?
Stephen.. you know full well that's not what I said because I said nothing in regard to ACTUALLY ACCEPTING the proposed offer. You know better than to jump to conclusions like that.

If you really look at the OP's offer closely solely from a value perspective (since this is a "Vlaue of.." thread and not a "Proposal" thread), you can easily see that it is a very good offer when you consider it from an objective view-point as I have done in my previous post.

If the Leafs were willing to trade JvR (and given his performance thus far this season, I don't see them doing such a thing), acquiring a potential top-10 or even top-5 draft pick in this summer's very strong draft wouldn't be such a bad return when you look at it from a long-term, bigger picture POV.

There's no denying that JvR is having a very good season, but you still have to wonder what's going to happen to his offensive contribution when both Lupul and Frattin come back from injury. Such things are yet to be determined.

So again, from a VALUE perspective, a 1st round pick would be very good value for JvR.

EucaLEAFtys is offline   Reply With Quote