View Single Post
Old
03-04-2013, 09:12 AM
KeithBWhittington
Going North

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viqsi View Post
Why not? Richards has at least managed to create a competitive atmosphere, which is a Very Good Thing for prospect development.

This still feels like date-of-hire discrimination.
Its office politics, V. I know you don't want to hear that, but I think its the truth. Thats what will ultimately decide Richards future here. I said it earlier in this thread that its a foreign thing to many of us, the "Office Politics Hockey" firing, simply because Howson was very slow on moving pieces in Operations/development and the last coach to be fired for "Office Politics" here was Dave King. Richards can be a good soldier, keep his head down, keep this team competitive and he'll get glowing reviews despite what we all expect will not be a stellar W-L record anytime soon.

Its good he's kept the team competitive considering the record. I applaud him for the job he's done thus far, and you're right, a competitive atmosphere is conducive to good prospect development. But I can't overlook the two recent hires above him. Todd may get his second year, but I would bet double or nothing that he's not retained beyond his current contract.

KeithBWhittington is offline   Reply With Quote