View Single Post
Old
03-04-2013, 08:48 AM
Bardof425*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenote13 View Post
I've watched about 6 Gopher games over the last 6 weeks. Skjei was on the ice for more than a few goals against and was on the ice for one gopher goal. He was one of the least visible players for Minnesota. He also lost position on the rush more than a few times. He did nothing, nothing that would make me say 'he has played great!'. Overall he's looked like a Freshman. That's not a knock on him, just looks like he has a way to go.

Then he gets benched, no its not cause of his play, cause ya know, he's been great !

What games are you talking about? North Dakota, Minny State, ST Cloud? Duluth? Wisconsin, DU?

If Skjei plays in the NHL next year I'll buy you all season tix so you can watch his greatness close up
He is on the first PK unit as a Freshman with all those other great defenders. Why is that? His partner is Nate Schmidt who is a great offensive D-man but not the best defender. He is partnered with him because of his defensive prowess primarily his skating. He will be in the NHL next year but he's not that far off and your evaluation is garbage.