Thread: Management
View Single Post
Old
03-04-2013, 09:12 AM
Pennertration

vCash: 500
Most troubling thing from this team right now is that it doesn't seem to care. The effort level is so pathetic - and it seems to be all through the lineup.

If Lindy Ruff wasn't available, I wouldn't even bring up a coaching change - and I don't think Krueger has done enough to warrant being fired, but that is something to consider. Having said that, with the number of coaches we've gone through already, it seems pretty mad to make a coaching change.

So, if you don't get a new coach, it would seem that a trade is the way to go. I would not move any of the stars out yet (despite Eberle's play being highly troubling). I think you have to move Whitney and Khabi (when he's ready) first. Those guys are gonna be gone anyway, so you may as well get something for them. If they aren't enough to yield anything substantive, then I think you look at moving Hemsky. He's next in line to go out the door and he's playing well (I think he's meant a lot to the team, but moving forward, I think he'll be somewhat redundant and/or replaceable).

If that doesn't do anything, I have to wonder, are we asking too much of the kids? Not saying they shouldn't have added responsibilities this season - they should - but they are seeing an increase in minutes, playing against tougher D and some are wearing letters. They don't seem to be rising to the occasion. Seems like they need help AND they need to step it up somehow. Not sure if that's asking too much at this point.

Pennertration is offline   Reply With Quote