Old
03-04-2013, 09:40 AM
Bronn
Registered Sellsword

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAChampion View Post
About John Scott.

We do not just need an enforcer, we need somebody who can WIN a fight. Not Kostopoulos. Not Laraque. Not Moen.

who fits the bill?
Well Laraque can win a fight. In fact he can win 99% of them. The problem was not his pugilistic skills , it was his mindset.

As for who fit the bill the best two candidates are Deryk Engelland and John Erskine imho. Would be really nice to land one of these guys but i asked a bit on the main board and from what i gathered from both Pens and Caps fans it seems that neither of them is available and that their values to their respective team is much higher than it would have in a trade.

Ideally the Habs need a tough stay at home D with size who can play a regular shift and capable of dropping them against the heavies (hence why i think Eng or Ers would be perfect) AND a forward enforcer in the Orr , Scott ect mold who may be dressed for additional toughness if needed.

So basically you replace one of Weber , Kaberle or Bouillon with the tough D and one of the fourth liner with the enforcer when needed and you play with that rotation depending on the circumstances and the opponent