View Single Post
Old
03-04-2013, 10:27 AM
Troy McClure

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigG44 View Post
They're not going to keep 4 small defenders. The positive from that is Robidas' time will quickly come to an end in Dallas. If he's not moved this year, and I don't think he will, he'll be gone in the summer. He's been much better lately, but I honestly believe that's because he's getting to play with Dillon. The bad for some people will be Larsen is gone as well. They've committed to Goligoski, and I don't think they're prepared to admit defeat. Daley has obviously been the best of the 4. That leaves Larsen on the outside. He may have struggled recently, but I wish they'd give a chance to develop. We know Les Jackson loved him, and Jackson is probably Dallas' best talent evaluator.
It may be too soon to say Larsen is gone. He may very well be the guy to take Robidas's spot.

If Larsen does go, I think it will be because the team thinks both Oleksiak and Nemeth are ready to make the jump next year and the team sees Larsen as the odd man out. Chances are, even something like that would not resolve itself until next fall when the team holds camp and sees how everyone is playing.

I would be surprised if the team was quick to move Larsen. He's under contract for cheap next year. There's no reason to be rash about moving him.