View Single Post
Old
03-04-2013, 10:34 AM
The Tikkanen
Pest

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to The Tikkanen
Just bought one and used it for the first time last night. It is very lively, the puck comes off pretty hot. Did not have a problem handling passes but I've been using a big hook for a long time so I know how to cradle them. 6 foot, 190 lbs and went with a Landeskog 75 flex, which is the lowest flex I've ever used in 20 years of hockey. I was using an 80 flex Combat 52Cal Coffey curve so not that much of a difference. The one issue I did have was I used white tape on the blade, have always used black and it just seemed different when I was puckhandling. It was like the puck was by itself, I guess I'm used to seeing a black blade with black tape. And I was so excited to try it I failed to put it next to my old stick to see if it was too short or too long, it was about 2 inches too short so I'll have to put a small butt end in it. Play again on Friday and I'm excited to see how it performs when it's normal height for me. My initial impression was similar to the first time I tried a one piece stick when the original Synergy came out. When the puck comes off your stick the first time you suddenly don't mind the price tag.

The Tikkanen is offline   Reply With Quote