Thread: Confirmed with Link: Brandon Prust to Montreal [4 years, $10M]
View Single Post
Old
03-04-2013, 10:48 AM
poetryinmotion

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 417 View Post
I don't think I can really answer that question...like I said, the Habs have several players who are all similar in style

Kaberle & Weber....Moen/White/Amrstrong/Nokelainen.

one of those 6 players IMO, can be replaced by a guy who brings a different element. Again, i'm not even a fan of fighting, there's nothing I'd like more to be eradicated from the game. However, the Habs have several guys who play on the edge, and that's fine, but only Brandon Prust seems willing to take one for the team.

This will need to be addressed...it's not just about the dozen games vs Toronto and Boston.

Prust is a new player, i'm sure he doesn't mind having to take on guys almost every game because he's still making a name for himself in this team/city. But how long can this be expected to last?

I would like Prust to keep playing the way he does...but the more this continues, the less he will be willing to step up to the plate.

Don't get me wrong, I like Moen/Armstrong, I don't find them useless at all...in fact, they're quite effective hockey players, it's what enables the Habs to consistently ice 4 lines vs their opposition. But do we need two players who bring the exact same thing on a 4th line? Meh....if an opportunity creates itself to acquire a true heavyweight at the cost one of them, I would like the Habs to do that personally.

Just my opinion...
And I agree with you, I just wanted to challenge you on that question because there seems to be no room at the moment unless you trade Weber and rotate your goon in and out of the lineup as needed. I think we are mostly fine, except vs the teams in our division that try to exploit the size advantage to its fullest (and still failed). Over a full season this would be indeed hard to maintain, though. And I would also argue that if we didn't have so many undersized forwards this wouldn't even be an issue.

poetryinmotion is offline   Reply With Quote