View Single Post
Old
03-04-2013, 11:05 AM
Preddownsouth

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoNecksCurse View Post
4 regulation wins in 22 games now.. we are now in 10th place .. pretty much 11th place. LA is a point behind us with 3 games in hand.

if we struggle on this upcoming stretch of 8-10 games, our season could be done. i have Anaheim, Chicago, Vancouver, st louis, san jose as locks for the playoffs. that leaves 3 spots between us, Detroit, Phoenix, los Angeles, dallas, Minnesota... hell, even Colorado, Calgary, Edmonton have a shot.. with our offense, i think were a lock to miss the playoffs this year. just hope we can suck enough to draft in the top 6-8
The fan in me wants to never say never, but 4 RW in 22 games is pretty awful. Given the fact that the team shoots little and scores less convinces me this is the beginning of the end of this current team's run. I wouldn't be disappointed to see Poile sell at the deadline to restock the cupboard with picks.

I know it is a cliche, and there are always exceptions to the rule, but the Preds need some form of dynamic offensive talent to win a Cup. Since the '04 lockout the point leader for the Cup-winning team has averaged 90 points. Our top guy has averaged 65 points a season, while not even cracking the 60-point mark the last 3.

With increased attendance, corporate participation, and promises from ownership I am expecting to see some positive changes to this team over the offseason.

I know some feel the 'Predator Way' can bring a cup here and I respect that. I don't share the same feeling and hope there will be some things done roster-wise.