View Single Post
Old
03-04-2013, 11:13 AM
The Big Giant Head

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddy The Elf View Post
There is definitely a way to do that. Find roommates or room to rent. I know a girl who just moved to Long Beach and pays $675 a month for a Studio apartment all utilites included (except cable TV). She lives about a mile from the beach and the area is decent (about a mile from CSULB in the other direction). I'm a big fan of Long Beach but if you moved to a place like that, you could find affordable rent as there are always college kids looking for roommates and the City actually has a decent bus system. The bus system will connect you to the Blue Line which can take you to a bunch of different areas without a car until you could afford one.

Yea but for 675/month, whats her neighborhood like? If you're downtown or if you're near the college...long beach is beautiful. But if you go inner-city long beach you better bring some running shoes...a huuuuge chunk of that city is garbage. My company has clients out there that i have to see occasionally and i spend as little time as possible there.

Thats probably a good rule of thumb...if the rent is cheap and it seems to go to be true, it probably is or there's some kind of catch. You really need to pay attention to the neighborhood you're looking at moving in to because cheap rent apartments are usually in crappy areas.

The Big Giant Head is offline   Reply With Quote