View Single Post
Old
03-04-2013, 11:39 AM

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandysan View Post
I must have been sleeping for a while, in what era of the NHL can a player ( irrespective of his "reputation") crosscheck an opposing teams young star who NEVER fights, and thinks he should be able to simply skate to the bench to end his shift ? Either you are for players standing up for teamates or you are not. If you are not, I seriously question how well you understand the game. Saying that you want players ( especially a captain) to stand up for teamates, except when its against the habs, or a guy who has plates in his face, is transparently hipprocritical.

Its not like Chara is a spot picker, if it was markov or subban who did what emelin does, I dont think it changes Chara's actions one iota.

I get a lot of people dont like chara, but holding something against him that you should HOPE a canadien would do in the same circumstance is not logically defensible.
I'm going to hazard a guess and say that Seguin (and pretty much every player in the NHL, especially a forward) must get cross checked at least 4 or 5 times a games, if not more

What Emelin did warranted a penalty...what Chara did was not a very intelligent move and it probably cost the Bruins the game

Apparently, that got lost in all of Claude Julien's nonsense press conference after the game...

the guy got cross checked...happens all the time

417 is offline   Reply With Quote