View Single Post
Old
03-04-2013, 11:39 AM
Island Husky

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prov1X View Post
Not sure what type of radar you are looking at, but we are talking at least 10 years away unfortunately. I highly doubt that there is going to be a new arena built any time soon, having just built two new twin ice arena's I don't see another one being built soon.
I would love to see a jr team here, but I won't be holding my breath.
There are three kinds, short range, long range and medium range, but anyway, perhaps it will be ten years. What makes Fredericton so different from other Maritime communities? The town, (excuse me, city), of Summerside built a new facility for 35$ million, turned around and renamed it Credit Union Place and Eastlink Arena to relieve themselves of the operational expense. That happened virtually overnight. The AHL was not even in some Maritime cities for ten years, here and gone. I'm only saying someone is thinking about it, either hockey investors, potential Q franchise movers, yes even the city. I can hardly believe a city like Fredericton is satisfied with building two small arenas, while their largest facility, an aging venue, belongs to the university. Meanwhile they are missing out on bigger things and the city knows it.