View Single Post
Old
03-04-2013, 12:57 PM
Anth93

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade Stylings View Post
Yes, Siemens skating was his strongest asset in his draft year...along with his physical presence. He's an elite skater for someone his size and he's know grown to over 6'4 after being 6'3 in his draft season.

Siemens has improved leaps and bounds, especially with his overall decision making with and without the puck. This year he's been tremendous since mid-November when he wasn't invited to Team Canada's camp.

I haven't seen enough of Nurse to compare the two, they just sound like very similar players and I would love to have Nurse too as an Avalanche fan.
Well since I've been reading about you saying how great Siemens has been defensively this year and all that stuff, I don't see how you can compare them.

Nurse isn't steady and reliable. He's a guy you project long term because the upside is so high. His game would best be described as clumsy. Lots of fumbles and weird decisions, but then you see the right play happen and you immediately think, WOW this guy is the next thing.

EDIT: I personally wouldn't want the Leafs to draft him in the top 15. I just don't see him making an easy transition. To give you perspective, I thought Sproul was going to be one of the steals of the draft in 2011 and so far he is just that.

Anth93 is offline   Reply With Quote