03-04-2013, 12:03 PM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Future is Now

vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
On one hand, I agree that when you make a hit that could even be perceived as dirty, you should expect retaliation. Now I think players go over the top over this, and far too often goons that are desperate to keep their jobs or a team like the Bruins will respond to every single hit like that. I thought Emelin's hit was a penalty but not particularly vicious, but I'm biased as we all are.

On the other hand, Chara is an opportunist. For much worse hits than that he stood back and let someone like Thornton fight. He could have just as easily responded but hitting Emelin back in his next shift or threatened him instead of charging him.

Emelin deserves credit though, by standing up to Chara he made a statement that he will play his game and accept the consequences.
Fair point, but does it really matter if it was Thornton or Chara who jumped Emelin, in the context of the discussion?

The ironic thing is that so many people here are condemning Chara and calling Thornton and Lucic names for playing the exact same way they wish the Habs played. Can't have it both ways.