View Single Post
Old
03-04-2013, 01:16 PM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bardof425 View Post
Don't look at what the coach says; look at what he does. Lucia has an undrafted junior who is smallish who is putting up great offensive numbers so he praises his defensive game for public consumption. And I didn't say Brady is better defensively at this point, you stated Schmidt is Norris quality compared to him which is ridiculous. Regarding the healthy scratch, the night after getting shut out he went with his most offensive set of D-men and so Brady had a night off. You think Mike Reilly is a better defender than Brady too? He was in the lineup.
Look what he does? He took Skjei out of the lineup. Mike Reilly stayed in ! He's all offense. But Reilly's offense more than makes up for his defensive shortcomings. He's been on the ice for a good amount of goals but he's a weapon on offense. And he's still very raw, just 9 months older than Skjei.

Again, this is all in response to 'reports' that he's been playing 'great'. After watching a half dozen games I don't see great, I see a young Dman who still does not play his position to his potential. So far its all slick and very little substance. And its ok, that's most young players, still acclimating to their surroundings, no need to get so damn upset about one of your teams prospects not being 'great' his first year of College.