View Single Post
Old
03-04-2013, 12:45 PM
Lafleurs Guy

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind Gardien View Post
It may not be "nice" to commit fouls against opposing players... but smart... well, it actually might be smart. The response in this case was a nearly perfect result for the Habs. We *know* the hive mind of the B's by now, they will switch to rage mode when provoked, and when they do that, it just increases our chances of winning. Yes, so perhaps Emelin, or even Galchenyuk, have to endure some "retribution". But as long as our team doesn't get off its game, and it takes the B's off theirs, then it probably is smart to just keep prodding them like this sometimes. And all I'm saying is go ahead with 2-minute-infraction level stuff like this little crosscheck. Or Gallagher can brush Rask. Subban can yap at Horton. Etc. Not stuff that really hurts anybody. But stuff that can potentially trigger the B's rage mode all the same.
Stay away from the star players with this stuff.

Get under their skin? Okay... but I'd prefer not to see this stuff happen with Galchenyuk.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
They listen to Edwards and Felger 24/7, they're brainwashed
It's like Fox news over there. Horrible.

I have no problem with a local broadcaster being a homer (Joe Bowen for example) but to be an outright troll the way Edwards is? I'd hate to have that as my broadcaster. He just makes the entire fanbase look stupid.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
Fair point, but does it really matter if it was Thornton or Chara who jumped Emelin, in the context of the discussion?

The ironic thing is that so many people here are condemning Chara and calling Thornton and Lucic names for playing the exact same way they wish the Habs played. Can't have it both ways.
Yup. We'd be happy if Prust did it. The fact that some fans here can't get this through their heads says a lot about them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheppy View Post
Bruins fan here, last night's game was great to watch, the amount of crying after about the fights/physical play is hilarious though. "Oh they're so dirrrrrrrrrtttyy" - toughen up then.
Yeah it was pathetic to listend to Julien after the game. Thanks for stopping by and agreeing with us on this.