View Single Post
Old
03-04-2013, 01:27 PM
drewski1988

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedblue1223 View Post
Don't worry, it bothers me too, it's just embarrassing. Fans have no control over how good the team is or how much money they make. I don't blame you at all. What's even worse is our fanbase knows exactly how it feels to be terrible and to not win the Cup.

Oh yeah, thanks for Steen.
The Leafs have made several questionable trades in recent years.
Everyone automatically points at the Kessel deal..which may not be a great deal, also the Rask/Raycroft deal was terrible.

That being said, the Kessel deal, we picked up a point producer and elite scoring winger, for 3 draft picks, no one knew what they would have been.

Rask was a young, unproven drafted player exchanged for a former Calder trophy winner who had a bad year in Andrew Raycroft.

The deal that really sticks out for me is the Steen/Colaiacovo for Stempniak deal. We gave up 2 young, decently promising players in exchange for a player who scored 27 goals once. That trade hurt us IMO.
Steen is a big forward who can score goals. Not sure what he's been like at centre for the Blues, but I do understand he can play both the pivot and wing.

OUCH.

drewski1988 is offline   Reply With Quote