View Single Post
Old
03-04-2013, 01:32 PM
Darkhorse1280

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by drewski1988 View Post
The Leafs have made several questionable trades in recent years.
Everyone automatically points at the Kessel deal..which may not be a great deal, also the Rask/Raycroft deal was terrible.

That being said, the Kessel deal, we picked up a point producer and elite scoring winger, for 3 draft picks, no one knew what they would have been.

Rask was a young, unproven drafted player exchanged for a former Calder trophy winner who had a bad year in Andrew Raycroft.

The deal that really sticks out for me is the Steen/Colaiacovo for Stempniak deal. We gave up 2 young, decently promising players in exchange for a player who scored 27 goals once. That trade hurt us IMO.
Steen is a big forward who can score goals. Not sure what he's been like at centre for the Blues, but I do understand he can play both the pivot and wing.

OUCH.

What made it worse was that we developed Steen pretty well in his tenure with the Leafs. Then as soon as he was dealt to St.Louis, he took his play to another level.

If that trade hadn't of happened that week, it probably wouldn't have happened at all as Burke took over a week later--and I'm pretty sure that he would of loved Steen on his team as oppose to trading him for a dubious winger in Stempniak.

Ol' Cliffy was just looking to hit one last home run before he was put out to pasture. Too bad he forgot to take his old man pills before he made the decision.

Darkhorse1280 is offline   Reply With Quote