View Single Post
Old
03-04-2013, 02:49 PM
RockLobster
Beatles Guru

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foppa2118 View Post
He certainly has some impressive things on his resume.

Played hockey at Notre Dame High School in Wilcox, then went to Hofstra University and played four years of lacrosse and one year on their hockey team. Graduated and then got his law degree from Thomas M. Cooley Law School in Lansing, Michigan.

He first started coaching in 99 for Lansing Catholic Central a high school team, and won it's first regional championship in 25 years.

Won a championship with the tier III Meto Jets of the CSHL in 02.

Was GM/HC of the tier II St. Louis Bandits of the NAHL for five years, posting a 223-93-17 record. Won Championships in 07 and 08, and best coach in 06 and 08.

Was GM/HC of the tier I Green Bay Gamblers of the USHL for two seasons, and won best GM both years, and best coach the second.

Biggest one year improvement in USHL history with Green Bay, when they went from 32 points the previous season without him, to the most in the league with 82 points his first season.

Had a 84-27-9 record in two seasons with Green Bay, and regular season championships in both years to go along with the playoff championship the 2nd year.

Only head coach to win a championship at all three tiers of junior hockey in the US.

Won a silver medal as HC of the USA U-17 team at the 2007 Five Nation's Tournament, and was a finalist for the US Olympic Committee's Development Coach of the Year.

TB hired him in 2010 to coach their AHL farm team, and he set a franchise record for Norfolk his second season with 55 wins and 113 points, and outscored opponents 273-180. Won the regular season championship that year, swept the Marlies for the Calder Cup, and also the AHL's best coach award.

Total record with Norfolk those two years was 94-44-10-8, and 18 different players saw time in the NHL in his time.

TB moved their affiliate to Syracuse this year, and he just kept on winning posting a AHL record 28 game winning streak, and currently leads the AHL in points.

More importantly in terms of his chances at a job with PL's Avalanche, his team leads the league in goals for.

Take me to church, I'll worship like a dog at the shrine of your lies. I'll tell you my sins and you can sharpen your knife.