View Single Post
03-04-2013, 03:14 PM
dialed in your mom
vCash: 500
Here is a breakdown of our replacement players.

gp g a pts +/- toi
Muzzin 16 2 2 4 +3 15:40

DavisD 19 1 3 4 +4 14:32

Ellerby 19 0 1 1 +1 15:20 (including Fla)

Over the past 5 games Muzzin has averaged 20:07 mins per game with a career high of 22:43 last game. (Muzzin has played 3 fewer games than either DavisD or KE)

Over the past 5 games DavisD has averaged 15:52 mins per game with a season high of 18:12 last game.

Over the past 5 games Ellerby has averaged 12:17 mins per game with a high of 14:45 last game.

Muzzin has seen a steady increase of his ice time and has improved as a result (he had a ways to go and still does). With the additional ice time Muzzin not only chipped in on offence but also improved on his positional play.

He is a rookie and has his ups and downs but I think he has come a long way so far. Statistically speaking Muzzin has been our best replacement player to date.

DavisD was inconsistent over the past 8 games especially and that is why he is the player that was scratched tonight. DavisD is one of those guys who works very hard and is a solid asset to a team but is just outside of being good enough to earn a full time roster spot. Excellent depth D but not an everyday player.

Ellerby is clearly behind Muzzin in so far as their development is concerned. Both have a ways to go but Ellerby is out of position more often than Muzzin and more importantly Ellerby is still learning how to use his size/reach in relation to his gap control leaving him exposed more often than not.

There is enough there to work with to where I can see Ellerby developing into a solid bottom pairing Dman but he is a bit behind Muzzin in my opinion.

etherialone is offline   Reply With Quote