Thread: Chris Kreider
View Single Post
Old
03-04-2013, 03:14 PM
shinchanyo

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pizza View Post
In a street fight there is a difference. That's what hockey comes down to. Physically, I'd doubt Kreider gets intimidated. He's cautious when it comes to the feel and flow of the game.

He needs to do what he did last night all the time. Aggressively forechecking the opponent. Force them into a mistake. Then use your size, speed and shot to take advantage. Very few players have had the physical gifts of Kreider. He needs to learn to maximize those gifts. All in his head.
His brain needs to catch up pure and simple. If you don't know where to go the speed can't take you there and you can't use your strength.

Also it's important to note he came out after his junior year correct (Maybe Im wrong I remember he took credits to graduate early or was that just early in terms of being able to join us in the PO?) McD and Hag would have still been in college this year if they were CK. Both of them would have taken not only this year in college but a portion of NEXT year in the AHL. CK is right on track. At the very least like I've said before many prospects have needed some AHL/CHL seasoning first after a big league stint including Staal, Dubs, Anisimov, McD, MDZ, Cally, Hags, etc