View Single Post
Old
03-04-2013, 02:17 PM
Beacon
Sent to HF Minors

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowblindNYR View Post
That wasn't the point. No one is thinking anyone fighting them in the heat of the moment when they cheap shot someone.

This.

In a tight key game, he might merely issue a future warning, which may or may not be taken seriously the first time. But when you punish people enough times, you establish yourself a reputation as a punisher that nobody wants to deal with.

I've seen this in Hartford. Look at my reports before McIlrath joined them and you see complaints about the team being manhandled in front of the net and along the boards. Even the Whale goalies were being physically abused.

When McIlrath joined the team, this stopped pretty quickly because if you take liberties with a Whale player, McIlrath will punish you. If he's not on the ice now, the next time you'll be on the ice with him, the shift will end with you needing dental work.

In the last couple of weeks, I can remember only one play when someone took liberties with a Whale player and that resulted in the guy getting cruel and unusual punishment from The Undertaker.