View Single Post
Old
03-04-2013, 02:20 PM
CharlieGirl
Thank you Mr. Snider

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by potsiev2 View Post
Richards and Carter are not d-men and don't play goalie... the depth the flyers acquired with these trades gives them better options going forward. What is hard to understand about that. Humor me and answer this... If your philly who do you want. Richards and Carter or Voracek,Couturier,Simmonds,Schenn,Cousins. It's ashame Holmgren went out and potentially ruined it with the signing of bryz but luckily he has a bail out option with these amnesty clauses. My point strictly refers to the value or carter and richards or simmonds,voracek,couturier,schenn,cousins from the flyers point of view. I'm not talking about who won a trade or how dumb holmgrens plan was. This is about the value or carter and richards vs the value of what they brought via a trade. I don't undervalue them one bit.
I think this is one of those cases where it's possible that both teams win a trade. The Kings won the Cup - the obvious ultimate goal, and have players signed at good cap hits for the long term. Barring injury, the Kings should remain competitive for years to come. With this deal, the Flyers gained some cap space for Homer to **** away; they also pushed their window of opportunity back a minimum of 3 to 4 years - which is why I brought up goaltending and defense. During that time frame, the goaltending and defense must be rebuilt. We'll have to wait and see if this latest version of the Flyers can make it to a Cup final in 4 or 5 years or if the Flyers go through yet another turnover in players in efforts to try to patch together a Cup team. Right now, they're a long way away. If you're fine with that, great. As a Flyers fan, I'm not. Not anymore.

CharlieGirl is offline   Reply With Quote