Thread: Recalled/Assigned: Caron Recalled-Paging Jordan Caron
View Single Post
Old
03-04-2013, 03:24 PM
ThomasJ13

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by averagealex View Post
With how useless the third line is being right now I don't think it could hurt to try Caron for a few games. We definitely need a trade but in the meantime I think Caron could work. From what I remember of him in the NHL last year, he's at least defensively better than Borque.

I like Paille on that line more than Borque, but even that doesn't really address the lack of secondary scoring.

I trust that Kelly and Pevs could get it going again if we get a good rental for them to play with them.
Bourque has zero minutes on the PK all year, while Caron used to see a fair amount of PK time, at least in the beginning. In 2010-2011 Caron had more TOI/game on the PK than any forward other than Kelly - although last year that fell off to very little PK time per game. With the Bruins PK suddenly looking human again, maybe this factors into if/when Caron gets another look, if Claude starts reminiscing about the 2010-11 version of Caron?

Of course, you'd lose Bourque's awesome prowess on the powerplay, but there are trade-offs to everything.

ThomasJ13 is offline   Reply With Quote