View Single Post
Old
03-04-2013, 02:48 PM
GirouxGiroux
Visioneer

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cin View Post
Gotcha. Also... The passing in this league is atrocious so far from what I've seen. I had heard that the MLS was on par with Ligue !. Doesn't seem to be the case though. Am I far off in any of this?

What are some of the intricacies to notice and appreciate in the MLS?
MLS isn't on par with Ligue 1. That's wishful thinking by somebody. Attendance-wise, they are similar, but not in level of play.

But that's the thing to appreciate about MLS; despite the level of play (which is improving, but it isn't a top international first division yet), there are legitimate fan bases entrenched around the league and some very nice new stadiums. The level of play doesn't have to be world-class for the games to be enjoyable, especially in person. People are buying in. There are one or two franchises that need to be addressed, but the league overall is extremely stable and ready for further expansion.

You don't have to be an MLS fanboy to understand that MLS is poised to move up in the world.

And that's exciting, because as I mentioned in the beginning, MLS is already on the level of a Ligue 1 in attendance. What will happen when the level of play actually is world-class?